From the Publisher
- Full-color throughout, with a free
full-color foldout map and a new Natural
World chapter with photos. With Frommer''s in hand,
you''ll experience the wonder of Costa Rica''s amazing
biodiversity, as we point out the best places to see hundreds of
unique, colorful species of animals and plants.
- Completely updated every year, Frommer''s
Costa Rica features gorgeous color photos of the lush
rainforest and the spectacular beaches that await you.
- Personally researched by a longtime resident,
it''s the only truly up-to-date guide that gives you such in-depth
coverage of this fast-changing country, with recommended
accommodations in every price category. This edition also features
a new itinerary highlighting the best of
undiscovered Costa Rica.
- Insightful commentary and opinionated reviews.
You''ll visit rugged wilderness preserves and sleepy beach towns,
spectacular orchid gardens and mineral hot springs at the foot of a
steaming volcano. There are adventures here to suit all ages and
abilities: swooping from treetop platform to treetop platform on a
canopy tour, taking a dip in a jungle swimming hole, spotting
playful spider monkeys as you hike through lush foliage,
windsurfing on Lake Arenal, or watching endangered sea turtles nest
on the beach.
From the Jacket
- Hundreds of photos
- Free pocket map inside, plus easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights,
shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors
Format: Trade Paperback
Published: October 30, 2012
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1118287665
ISBN - 13: 9781118287668