Essential reading for anyone who is thinking about
becoming pregnant or is already pregnant.
This comprehensive book features extensive yet
easy-to-understand information on everything related to pregnancy,
from preconception to birth.
The highly readable presentation style covers the following
- Part 1 -- Before You Become Pregnant:
everything from genetics basics to avoiding risks such as food
- Part 2 -- Your First Trimester (Months 1 to
3): information on screening tests, diet and
- Part 3 -- Your Second Trimester (Months 4 to
6): everything from body changes to personal care to
- Part 4 -- Your Third Trimester (Months 7 to
9): birth and newborn planning, childbirth classes and
preparing for labor
- Part 5 -- Your Labor and Delivery: birth
positions, labor stages, special deliveries and interventions
- Part 6 -- After Your Baby Is Born: information
on newborn care, healthy parenthood and diet and exercise for
Health conditions and complications specific to each trimester
are featured, as is an FAQ section. With extensive charts, tables
and illustrations, and a full-color presentation, this book will
appeal to a wide range of consumers.
Mount Sinai Hospital is one of the top teaching hospitals in
North America and one of Canada''s pre-eminent patient care,
research and academic health science centers.