Widely considered one of the best practical guides to
programming, Steve McConnell''s original CODE COMPLETE has been
helping developers write better software for more than a decade.
Now this classic book has been fully updated and revised with
leading-edge practices-and hundreds of new code
samples-illustrating the art and science of software construction.
Capturing the body of knowledge available from research, academia,
and everyday commercial practice, McConnell synthesizes the most
effective techniques and must-know principles into clear, pragmatic
guidance. No matter what your experience level, development
environment, or project size, this book will inform and stimulate
your thinking-and help you build the highest quality code.
Discover the timeless techniques and strategies that help
- Design for minimum complexity and maximum creativity
- Reap the benefits of collaborative development
- Apply defensive programming techniques to reduce and flush out
- Exploit opportunities to refactor-or evolve-code, and do it
- Use construction practices that are right-weight for your
- Debug problems quickly and effectively
- Resolve critical construction issues early and correctly
- Build quality into the beginning, middle, and end of your