From the Publisher
Download the Cook Once a Week shopping lists here.
GUARANTEED TO SILENCE the dreaded 5:00 p.m. Whats for dinner?
wailnot to mention a solution to the pizza or burgers?
dilemmaCook Once a Week is the innovative
cookbook whose easy-to-follow system delivers a weeks worth of
meals in a single, one-stop planning, shopping and cooking session.
This is a book that takes into account what every mom knows: family
schedules and budgets are incredibly tight; not everyone will be
eating together every night; convenience foods cost; and kids are
picky eaters. With Cook Once a Week, Theresa
Albert-Ratchford, a personal chef, cooking instructor and food
columnist, has done the impossibleshes turned dinner-hour
insanity into an enjoyable, family-friendly time. Heres whats
- From Better Basics to Vegetarian Visitors: 12 balanced, weekly
dinner menus, plus a bonus week for the pickiest of kids
- Step-by-step recipes that allow you to prepare the whole weeks
meals in the same amount of time it would take to make just your
- Budget $100 or less for food each week: theres no waste, just
lots of great eating
- Detailed, photocopy-ready weekly shopping lists that eliminate
waste, impulse buying and multiple trips to the grocery store
- Breakfast and lunch plans for families on the go, including 10
- Grab and go: handy tips that incorporate leftovers into fast
and tasty all-new meals
- Invaluable advice: on nutrition (each recipe has a complete
nutritional analysis), getting the kids involved, pantry
must-haves, and freezing and serving tips
- Over 25 two-minute ideas to make entrées, sidedishes, snacks
About the Author
THERESA ALBERT-RATCHFORD is a personal chef and
owner of Thyme for Supper, a company devoted to making clients'
lives easier by teaching them, in their own homes, how to cook once
a week and eat well every day. She has appeared on
Cityline, Canadian Living Television,
Daytime, and Canada A.M. she also teaches classes
at Loblaws Cooking School, and runs Kids Can Cook, a popular
after-school program for children aged 6-14. She lives with her
family in Toronto.
You can visit Theresa Albert-Ratchford at www.thymeforsupper.com
Format: Trade Paperback
Published: January 10, 2005
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0006395104
ISBN - 13: 9780006395102