From the Publisher
Real Skills for Real Life
From keeping your home clean and in good repair to preparing
your own food, self-sufficiency rocks. Having an understanding of
the domestic arts gives you a sense of control over your life.
These skills also help you save money, not by chasing deals, but by
teaching the principle of the mantra: Use it up, wear it out, make
it do, or do without. Life skills are the essence of frugality.
Whether you just moved out of your parent''s basement or you cut
the apron strings a while ago, you''ll learn the skills you need to
manage your household.
Inside you?ll find:
- Quick, easy cleaning solutions for every room of the house, so
you can get the job done and get on with life
- Instructions for removing stubborn stains and offensive odors
- Simple fixes to wardrobe malfunctions including broken zippers,
missing buttons, and fallen hemlines
- Troubleshooting advice for common problems with home
- A minimum home maintenance guide to prevent or catch major
- A basic plumbing tutorial that includes clearing and preventing
clogs, stopping a running toilet and retrieving items dropped down
- Ideas for healthy and fast meal planning so you can start
cooking and stop relying on takeout or preservative-packed
- Definitions of common cooking terms and techniques found in
- Plans for stocking a pantry so you can make dinner (even if you
haven''t been grocery shopping in a week) and be prepared when
- A complete rundown of essential kitchen equipment from knives
to pans to small appliances
Equip yourself with the skills you need for everyday life.
About the Book
Whether it's cleaning grout, stocking a pantry, reducing a recipe, dealing with chocolate in the carpet or retrieving jewelry dropped down the drain, Home-Ec 101 will help readers feel confident in managing the domestic challenges of everyday life. The information will be easy to use and written with the same witty style and attitude readers love on the blog, home-ec101.com. Charts, tips, sidebars and ?Dear Home Ec 101? letters cover all the details readers need to know to keep their homes clean and in good repair.
Format: Trade Paperback
Published: November 5, 2012
Publisher: P_F & W Media_edia
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1440308535
ISBN - 13: 9781440308536