Suddenly, everyone's talking about HTML5, and ready or not, you
need to get acquainted with this powerful new development in web
and application design. Some of its new features are already being
implemented by existing browsers, and much more is around the
Written by developers who have been using the new language for the
past year in their work, this book shows you how to start adapting
the language now to realize its benefits on today's browsers.
Rather than being just an academic investigation, it concentrates
on the practical-the problems HTML5 can solve for you right away.
By following the book's hands-on HTML5 code examples you'll
- new semantics and structures to help your site become richer
and more accessible
- the uses of native multimedia for video and audio
- techniques for drawing lines, fills, gradients, images and text
- how to build more intelligent web forms
- implementation of new storage options and web databases
- how geolocation works with HTML5 in both web and mobile
All the code from this book (and more) is available at
There appear to be intermittent problems with the first printing of
Introducing HTML5. If you have one of these copies, please email us
with a copy of your receipt (from any
reseller), and we'll either provide access to the eBook or send you
another copy of the print book -- whichever you prefer. If you'd
like the eBook we can add that to your Peachpit.com account.
You can set up a free account at www.peachpit.com/join <
>. Thanks so much for your understanding!