NOTE: This book is the printed, XNA-focused edition of
Programming Windows Phone 7, which is available as a free eBook
from the Microsoft Download Center. A Microsoft Silverlight-focused
edition is also available for sale in print (ISBN
978-0-7356-5667-3). The Microsoft eBook covers both XNA and
Silverlight in one volume.
Bring your game ideas to life-with guidance from a Windows
Begin creating your own game apps for Windows Phone 7-guided by
the consummate teacher, award-winning author Charles Petzold.
Focusing on the XNA 2D framework and the C# language, you'll learn
how to extend your existing skills-mastering core concepts and
techniques for this new mobile platform. As always, Charles brings
a unique combination of pragmatism and inspiration to his
instruction-along with a wealth of hands-on examples.
Discover how to:
- Develop high-performance XNA 2D games
- Create and animate text and sprites
- Capture and embed bitmaps, balancing performance issues
- Support multi-touch input-including tap, drag, flick, and
- Manipulate bitmaps at the pixel level
- Apply dynamic textures
- Work with transforms
- Put components together for touch-and-play and tilt-and-play
- Test-drive your game on Windows Phone Emulator
Get code samples on the Web
- For system requirements, see the Introduction.