Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 160 pages, 9.98 × 7.59 × 0.68 in
Published: February 15, 2011
Publisher: Thunder Bay (BTPG)
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1607102048
ISBN - 13: 9781607102045
About the Book
Renowned fitness expert Pat Manocchia points out that "an effective strength training program must address the entire body." In "Anatomy of Strength Training," Pat gives readers the five essential exercises that will work all of the body's muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons. You'll learn exactly what your body does when you perform these key exercises. All of the exercises are presented with clear instructions, full-color photography, and detailed anatomical illustrations--annotated with every involved muscle. Also included is a basic matrix of conditioning programs depicting how the 5 Essential Exercises can be used. With tips to guide you, "Anatomy of Strength Training" provides essential insights into your body and workout.
From the Publisher
Get the strong, healthy body you''ve always wanted! Anatomy of Strength Training offers an in-depth look at the way your muscles work and the best ways to work your muscles!
* Widely recognized as one of the foremost experts in the field of health and fitness, author Pat Manocchia has served as a contributing editor for Women''s Sports and Fitness and Allure magazines.
* Each exercise in Anatomy of Strength Training includes detailed photos and illustrations of correct starting positions and actions, making it easy to follow the instructions.
* Useful tips on what to look for and what to avoid during each movement will help prevent injury and maximize your efforts.
* The movements in this book offer a full-body workout that can be performed at the gym or at home, making this easy to fit into any schedule.
* Anatomy of Strength Training also includes a full-color poster featuring a detailed guide to muscle anatomy and a glossary that defines key terms.
About the Author
Pat Manocchia is the owner, founder, and director of La Palestra Center for Preventative Medicine in New York City, a wholly integrated medical and fitness center. Widely recognized as one of the foremost experts in the field of health and fitness, Pat has multiple certifications and has served as contributing editor for Women''s Sports and Fitness and Allure magazines. A former professional hockey player, he has completed eleven marathons and led several group climbs around the world. A graduate of Brown University, he lives in New York with his wife, Deborah, and their two children.