Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 304 pages, 7 × 7 × 0.64 in
Published: April 22, 2014
Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0345547128
ISBN - 13: 9780345547125
Read from the Book
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252"> <p class=""> Step 1 <p class=""> <p class=""> Mommy Detox <p class=""> <p class="">Ready? Set? Taking the first step toward a baby--safe home starts today! You can start to make significant changes that are healthier for your baby as early as conception by evaluating the products you use on your own body and by becoming even more aware of your personal habits. As soon as our wives, Ali and Nicole, discovered they were pregnant, we both became super focused on everything that could affect our babies at this vulnerable stage of their lives. We understood that the outside world with its contaminants and pollutants was a potential threat to our babies in utero because everything Mom is exposed to, her baby is as well. So we started having conversations with our wives and began to consider what we could each do individually and together as parents to reduce exposure and harm, and keep our growing babies as healthy and safe as possible (like a sort of practice run for our homes once our babies were born!). <p class=""> <p class="">What we realized pretty quickly was that if you’re a soon--to--be mom or dad who wants to create a healthy, clean, and safe environment for your baby, you’re smart to start doing better for yourself. That is, learn what’s healthy, clean, and safe (and what isn’t), and begin to make choices and personal lifestyl
From the Publisher
The “founding fathers” of babyganics, the much-loved brand of baby-safe household and body care products, share some surprising news: “Green” isn’t necessarily baby-safe. But here’s the good news: What’s safe and good for a baby is always good for the planet. It’s a simple change in perspective, and everybody wins! Now these authors have written a vital guide to creating a baby-safe home, diet, and environment that’s healthy and happy for your new family.
When a new baby comes home, you suddenly start paying close attention to everything he touches and everything that touches him. From cleaning your floors and countertops to giving a bath or applying sunscreen to grooming your pets—now that a baby’s involved, everything raises the same simple question: How safe is it for my family?
Kevin Schwartz and Keith Garber know babies. And they know safety—especially when it comes to protecting, moisturizing, nourishing, and cleaning babies. In BabySafe in Seven Steps, they’ve applied their family-tested and expert research to these seven critical categories:
• MOMMY DETOX: How to reduce exposure to additives, preservatives, and chemicals in food and beauty products while pregnant—plus essential tips for safeguarding the nursery
• “CRIB” IMPROVEMENT: Here’s help in identifying toxins under the sink, in the garage, or on the patio—and how to mix your own DIY baby-safe cleaners
• PAMPERED BABIES: Advice on selecting the best diapers, soaps, shampoos, and laundry detergent for your little one
• PLAYING SAFE: How to avoid PVCs in toys, understand “choking hazard” warnings, and ensure that rattles, teething rings, and other gear are safe
• FAMILY FOOD FUN: Helpful hints for choosing, cooking, and storing the most nutritious snacks, meals, and treats
• FUR BABIES MATTER, TOO: Learn the baby-safe ways to groom, bathe, and play with your pets
• WORLD-PROOFING: How to fertilize your lawn without pesticides, keep bugs away naturally, protect baby skin from the sun, and prepare for dirty parks, playrooms, and changing stations.
These seven steps make it easy and affordable to create an environment that will allow your baby to develop and explore freely and safely—so that you can relax and enjoy every special moment!
About the Author
Kevin Schwartz and Keith Garber founded BabyGanics with a mission: to help parents create a world where their babies are free to live, grow, and thrive in a safe and healthy environment. With this vision they created a baby-safe brand—an ecosystem of innovative, nontoxic, nourishing, hardworking cleaning and skin care products. They both live on Long Island, New York, with their families (wives, children, pets) in baby-safe homes of their own.
Samantha Rose is the co-author of numerous health and wellness, lifestyle, and prescriptive how-to books, as well as the author (under a pseudonym) of The Package Deal, which was a national bestseller. She lives in Petaluma, California, with her family.