Most parents experience difficulties at some time with a
child''s sleep patterns.
Sleep problems from infancy through the teen years are common
and can be highly disruptive and troublesome for all.
Better Sleep for Your Baby and Child is written
both for expectant parents who want to prevent childhood sleep
problems before they start, and for parents who want to solve a
child''s existing sleep difficulties. Strategies and professional
advice are based on scientific and hands-on clinical
The book includes:
- Detailed explanations of sleep: what it is, why it''s needed,
how much is needed, how it changes through childhood, and what
happens when a child is not getting a sufficient amount of it.
- Preventative strategies and "sleep hygiene" habits.
- Sound advice on where an infant should sleep, sleeping through
the night, "colicky" babies, and what to do if a baby seems to
prefer nursing all night long.
- Guidelines for recognizing when a child has a serious problem,
keeping a sleep diary, and dealing with teenage sleep
- Detailed information on nocturnal feeding/drinking disorder,
nightmares and night terrors, nighttime breathing disorders, and
- Professional advice about sleep medications and how each may
help or potentially harm a child.
By following the professional, practical advice in
Better Sleep for Your Baby and Child, both parent
and child can regularly enjoy a restful night.