The funniest movie ever made. Everybody likes it hot!
"This book is a joy and almost as good as seeing the film." - The Independent, London
Just before the cameras started rolling, producer David O. Selznick famously told director Billy Wilder that his new picture was doomed, saying, "You cannot combine comedy with murder." Wilder replied that he''d try anyway, and Some Like It Hot was eventually voted Best Comedy of the Century by the American Film Institute. A crossdressing, gender-bending, genre-busting, kinky crime caper, Some Like it Hot (1959) tells the story of two jazz musicians who dress in drag and go undercover in an all-girls'' band to escape the Mob. With an ingenious screenplay by I.A.L. Diamond and Billy Wilder, and flawless performances by Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe, Some Like it Hot is comic perfection.
This Special Edition includes
* Interviews with Billy Wilder, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and others
* Excerpts from the script''s first draft
* Behind-the-scenes on-set color photos
* Original promotional materials and a wealth of supporting ephemera
* Annotated/illustrated Billy Wilder filmography
* And the DVD in the original version of this phenomenal movie