Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 232 pages, 8.75 × 5.5 × 0.68 in
Published: April 30, 2010
Publisher: NB Publishers
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0624042979
ISBN - 13: 9780624042976
About the Book
Discover Cape Town with top contemporary authors both well-loved locals and international travel writers.
From the Publisher
From Paul Theroux and Peter Moore to Jonny Steinberg, JM Coetzee, Jonathan Kaplan, Nelson Mandela, Mamphela Ramphele, Tom Eaton, Breyten Breytenbach, Pieter-Dirk Uys and Gabeba Baderoon: Discover Cape Town with top contemporary authors - both well-loved locals and international travel writers. Selected and with an introduction by Justin Fox.
Read how ...
- JM Coetzee fails to get into a good school
- Nelson Mandela misplaces his spectacles on the Grand Parade
- Jonathan Kaplan faces arrest at St. George''s Cathedral
- Paul Theroux meets a fellow pessimist at Cape Point
- Jonny Steinberg is revolted by prison food
- Joseph Lelyveld joins Crossroads residents singing hymns
- Richard Rive walks with ghosts in District Six
- Rian Malan haggles for snoek in Kalk Bay
- Pieter-Dirk Uys attends a fake wedding on Greenmarket Square
- Edwin Cameron climbs Table Mountain with the help of antiretrovirals
- Judy Kibinge parties in Long Street
plus many more...
About the Author
JUSTIN FOX was born in Cape Town. He is an award-winning journalist and editor at large for Getaway magazine. His other travel books include With Both Hands Waving, Just Add Dust, Cape Town Calling, Under the Sway and Africa Lens. When not traveling, he lives beside a lighthouse in Cape Town.