Schools nationwide are transitioning to the Common Core--our
advice to you: Be prepared, but don''t go it alone! Our new
book,Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans: Ready-to-Use Resources,
9-12, shows you that teaching the Common Core State Standards
in high school doesn''t have to be intimidating!
This easy-to-use guide meets the particular needs of high school
teachers. It provides model lesson plans for teaching the standards
in reading, writing, speaking/listening, and language.
- Get engaging lesson plans that are grade-appropriate for teens,
easy to implement, and include ready-to-use reproducible handouts,
assessments, resources, and ideas to help you modify the lesson for
both struggling and advanced learners.
- Our Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans are equally effective for
both English and content-area teachers-the plans are designed to
fit seamlessly into your high school curriculum.
- You get practical tips for revamping your existing lessons to
meet the standards.
- High school students learn how to answer text-based questions,
read informational texts, conduct research, write arguments, and
improve their speaking and listening skills.
We take the guesswork out of Common Core lesson plans with this
practical, easy-to-use guide. All lesson plans are
grade-appropriate, but every lesson plan includes...
- Common Core State Standards covered in the lesson
- Overview of objectives and focus of the lesson
- Background knowledge required and time required
- A detailed, step-by-step agenda for the lesson, plus a
- Differentiation ideas to adapt the lesson for different kinds
- Assessment ideas, including rubrics and scoring guides
- A place for your notes: what worked; what can improve
Bonus!We show you how to extend the lessons
into longer units to suit your particular grade''s curriculum, and
even help you create more of your own lessons!