Data Modeling Essentials, Third Edition
tutelage for data modelers, business analysts and systems designers
at all levels. Beginning with the basics, this book provides a
thorough grounding in theory before guiding the reader through the
various stages of applied data modeling and database design. Later
chapters address advanced subjects, including business rules, data
warehousing, enterprise-wide modeling and data management.
The third edition of this popular book retains its distinctive
hallmarks of readability and usefulness, but has been given
significantly expanded coverage and reorganized for greater reader
comprehension. Authored by two leaders in the field, Data
Modeling Essentials, Third Edition
is the ideal reference for
professionals and students looking for a real-world
· Thorough coverage of the fundamentals and relevant theory.
· Recognition and support for the creative side of the
· Expanded coverage of applied data modeling includes new chapters
on logical and physical database design.
· New material describing a powerful technique for model
· Unique coverage of the practical and human aspects of modeling,
such as working with business specialists, managing change, and
· Extensive online component including course notes and other
teaching aids (www.mkp.com).
UML diagrams now available!
Visit the companion
site for more details.
Click here to view a book review by Steve Hoberman!