Quick, reliable answers to your most common on-site questions
When you're in the field, you never know what you'll come across. The Wiley Graphic Standards Field Guide to Softscape
gives you fast access to the practical information you need when you're on-site and under pressure.
Presented in a highly visual and easily portable format, the Field Guide is organized to follow a logical project sequence from site evaluation of existing conditions through construction maintenance. Covering everything from soils and planting to storm water drainage, this handy companion conveys the most common answers that landscape architects addressing issues pertaining to softscape need when visiting construction sites and meeting with architects, engineers, clients, or contractors.The Field Guide to Softscape
extends the familiar Landscape Architectural Graphic Standards beyond the office, with:
- Quick access to essential information when away from the studio
- Things to look for when assessing existing conditions during preliminary design site visits or pre-construction meetings
- Graphic Standards-quality details accompanied by real-world photographs of best construction practices and techniques
- Illustrations and real-world photographs that help you troubleshoot problems, along with on-the-spot solutions
- A list of common construction mistakes and problems to avoid
- Compact format that's easy to reference and carry along to job sitesThe Graphic Standards Field Guide to Softscape is the ideal companion for the on-the-go landscape architect, design professional, inspector, facilities manager, or anyone who is involved with site construction.
- Immediate access to information on over 50 on-site conditions
- More than 325 details and photos throughout
- Identifies reference standards, acceptable practices, and things to avoid