This volume offers lively current debates and case studies in
historical archaeology selected from around the world, including
North America, Latin America, Africa, the Pacific, and Europe.
- Authored by 19 experts in the field.
- Explores how historical archaeologists think about their work,
piecing together information from both material culture and
documents in an attempt to understand the lives of the people and
societies they study.
- Engages with current theory in an accessible manner.
- Truly global in its approach but avoids subsuming local
experiences of people into global patterns.
- Summarizes not only the current state of historical
archaeology, but also sets the course for the field in decades to