Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 350 Pages, 5.91 × 8.66 × 0.79 in
Published: September 21, 1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0321005376
ISBN - 13: 9780321005373
Table of Contents
1. Political Development and the Challenge of
2. States, Beliefs, and Ideologies.
3. The Genes of Politics: Groups, Classes and
4. The Politics of Patrimonial Leadership.
5. The Politics of Leaders and Change.
6. Institutions of Government: Militaries,
Bureaucracies, and Legislatures.
7. The Arab-Israeli Connection: The Politics of
8. The Politics of War and Revolution in the Persian
9. Petroleum, Politics, and Development.
From the Publisher
|This new edition of the best-selling Politics in the Middle
East is an analysis of systems and processes in Middle Eastern
politics that focuses on the themes of power, stratification, and
development. Special emphasis is placed upon the forces of social
change as they sweep across the region. This study also includes
emphasis on such important issues as the role of civil society, the
patterns of leadership, the resurgence of Islam, the role of women,
the upheaval in the Persian Gulf, the Arab-Israeli conflict, and
U.S. foreign policy.