1. Based on the quiz in the book, do you think you're an
introvert, an extrovert, or an ambivert? Are you an introvert in
some situations and an extrovert in others?
2. What about the important people in your lives-your partner,
your friends, your kids?
3. Which parts of QUIET resonated most strongly with you? Were
there parts you disagreed with-and if so, why?
4. Can you think of a time in your life when being an introvert
proved to be an advantage?
5. Who are your favorite introverted role models?
6. Do you agree with the author that introverts can be good
leaders? What role do you think charisma plays in leadership? Can
introverts be charismatic?
7. If you're an introvert, what do you find most challenging
about working with extroverts?
8. If you're an extrovert, what do you find most challenging
about working with introverts?
9. QUIET explains how Western society evolved from a Culture of
Character to a Culture of Personality. Are there enclaves in our
society where a Culture of Character still holds sway? What would a
twenty-first-century Culture of Character look like?
10. QUIET talks about the New Groupthink, the value system
holding that creativity and productivity emerge from group work
rather than individual thought. Have you experienced this in your
11. Do you think your job suits your temperament? If not, what
could you do to change things?
12. If you have children, how does your temperament compare to
theirs? How do you handle areas in which you're not temperamentally
13. If you're in a relationship, how does your temperament
compare to that of your partner? How do you handle areas in which
you're not compatible?
14. Do you enjoy social media such as Facebook and Twitter, and
do you think this has something to do with your temperament?
15. QUIET talks about "restorative niches," the places
introverts go or the things they do to recharge their batteries.
What are your favorite restorative niches?
16. Susan Cain calls for a Quiet Revolution. Would you like to
see this kind of a movement take place, and if so, what is the
number-one change you'd like to see happen?