Combines the latest research with contemporary lives,
descriptions, and reconstructions to provide a dramatic picture of
what it was like to be a samurai.
So you think you'd like to be a samurai?
It's 1615 and the samurai, Japan's elite fighting class, are at
the zenith of their powers. Trained in every manner of combat, from
sword fighting and archery to karate and jujitsu, the samurai
warrior is the emperor's last line of defense against the lewd and
sordid barbarians of Japan and beyond.
This handy manual tells you everything you need to know about
maintaining the honor of the samurai class both on and off the
• How to master the Way of the Warrior
• Whom you should kill, and what to do with the heads
• What the cultured samurai does between battles
• How to storm or lay siege to a castle
• How to conduct a tea ceremony with Zen-like composure
• How to prepare for entry into the White Jade Pavilion after your