Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine-and
the best-selling photography book author in the world today-once
again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of
the latest, most important, and most useful Adobe Photoshop
techniques for digital photographers.
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does
something for digital photographers that's never been done
before-it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do
it." It's not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come
up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead,
Scott shows you step by step the exact techniques used by today's
cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you
flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
That's why the previous editions of this book are widely used as
the official study guide in photography courses at colleges and
universities around the world.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year, Scott trains thousands of professional photographers on
how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the
same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges-and
that's exactly what he covers in this book. You'll learn:
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
- The pros' tricks for fixing the most common digital photo
- The step-by-step setup for getting what comes out of your
printer to match exactly what you see onscreen.
- How to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images using Merge to
- How to master Photoshop's Content-Aware features.
- How to use Photoshop's video editing features to make movies
from your DSLR videos.
- How to process RAW images like a pro (plus how to take
advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CS6 and Creative
- The latest Photoshop special effects for photographers (there's
a whole chapter just on these!).
- A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick "insider" tricks to
send your productivity through the roof!
Plus, Scott includes a special bonus chapter with his own workflow,
from start to finish, and each chapter ends with a Photoshop Killer
Tips section, packed with time-saving, job-saving tips that make
all the difference. If you're a digital photographer, and if you're
ready to learn all the "tricks of the trade"-the same ones that
today's leading pros use to correct, edit, sharpen, retouch, and
present their work-then you're holding the book that will do just