Creating and maintaining the perfect yard in the chinook zone isn't
as hard as you might think, but the short growing season doesn't
give you much time to transform your winter-weary yard into a
glorious garden. To help Calgary-area homeowners get the jump on
the short season, popular gardening expert Lyndon Penner has
created the essential guide to a quick and beautiful yard in the
With gardening smarts, style and wit, Lyndon covers everything
both novice and expert gardeners need to know, along with tips you
won't find anywhere else. Contains more than 200 beautiful, colour
- Quickly find what you need to know about climate zones, soil,
colour, texture and shade.
- Understand your yard's potential.
- Pick the best bulbs, perennials, trees and shrubs for your
- Deal with insects and plant diseases in environmentally
- Shop smarter at garden centres.
- Attract animals you want to your garden, and keep away the ones