The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises is the essential
workout guide for anyone who wants a better body. As the most
comprehensive collection of exercises ever created, this book is a
body-shaping power tool for both beginners and longtime lifters
alike. From start to finish, this 480-page muscle manual bulges
with hundreds of useful tips, the latest findings in exercise
science, and cutting-edge workouts from the world''s top
Inside The Men''s Health Big Book of Exercises you''ll
All expertly demonstrated with color photographs, with dozens of
movements for every muscle in your body, including:
* More than 100 core exercises! You''ll never run out of ways to
sculpt your six-pack.
* 74 biceps, triceps, and forearm exercises: Build your arms faster
than ever before.
* 64 chest exercises, and featuring dozens of variations of the
pushup and bench press.
* 103 back exercises, so you can carve a v-shaped torso.
* 40 shoulder exercises, for a tank-top worthy torso.
* 99 quadriceps and calves exercises, to help you jump higher and
* 62 glutes and hamstrings exercises, for a more powerful, athletic
Hundreds of workouts!
From cover to cover, you''ll quickly see that there''s a training
plan for every fitness goal-whether you want to shrink your hip,
find your abs, or shape your arms. Highlights include:
* The World''s Greatest 4-Week Diet and Exercise Plan
Lose 10 pounds of pure fat in 30 days! This scientifically proven
plan, based on research from the University of Connecticut, shows
what''s truly possible when you combine the right kind of diet with
the right kind of exercise. You''ll build muscle and lose fat
faster than ever.
* 64 Ways to Add Inches to Your Arms
You''ll learn how to mix-and-match the 12 best biceps exercises to
create scores of sleeve-busting routines. The upshot: You''ll never
get stuck in a muscle-building rut again!
* The Get Back In Shape (Fast!) Guide
If you''ve never even picked up a weight, you''ll want to try this
plan from Joe Dowdell, C.S.C.S. Joe makes his living training
celebrities, cover models, and professional athletes, such as NBA
stars Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy. And the strategies he uses
when designing workouts for his high-profile clientele are the same
ones he employs to help you burn fat, build muscle, and get back in
* The Ultimate Fat Loss Plan
You might call this the six-pack workout. That''s because it''s
designed to help you finally finish off the flab that''s hiding
your abs. Created by Bill Hartman, P.T., C.S.C.S., a top fitness
advisor to Men''s Health, it''s based entirely on the new science
of fat loss. From the sets to the reps to the rest, every part of
this workout is designed to optimize your body''s ability to burn
* Boost Your Bench Press by 50 Pounds in 8 Weeks
World-class powerlifter Dave Tate shares the strategies that helped
him lift a personal best of 610 pounds
* Triple Your Chinups in 6 Weeks
Use this simple routine that to master one of the world''s greatest
* Add 4 to 10 inches to Your Vertical Leap
This high-flying plan from strength coach Kelly Baggett will have
you jumping out of the gym in no time
* The Beach Ready Body Workout
Get-strong to get-big-this 8-week plan shows you how
* The Wedding Workout
Look great-just in time for the big day (and your honeymoon!)
* The Best Sports Workout
Train like an athlete, look like an athlete
* The Scrawny to Brawny Workout
Pack on muscle fast: your 4-week plan
* The Best Workouts for a Crowded Gym
Sculpt a lean, fit body-no waiting!
* The Best Bodyweight Workouts
Take your workout anywhere with these no-weight routines
* The 10 Best 15-Minute Workouts
Bust stress, blast fat, and build muscle in almost no time
* The 7-Minute Back-Saving Workout
End low-back pain for good!
Every page of The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises is filled with
the fitness and nutrition tips and tricks you need to sculpt the
body you want.
Throughout the book, you''ll discover:
* The secret to burning 40 percent more fat.
* The 18 muscle mistakes you should never make
* The best stretch for every muscle
* The fastest cardio workout of all-time (just 4 minutes!)
* The best exercises you''ve never done
* The 8 healthiest foods you aren''t eating
* The 4 surprising foods that build muscle
* The 25 super snacks that keep you lean
* The 5 biggest nutrition myths, busted
* The truth about saturated fat
* The perfect foods to fuel your workouts
* The complete guide to protein powders
* The 20 ways lifting weights helps you look great, stay healthy,
and live longer