Parenting is the toughest job on the planet.
Fortunately, Canadian parents have Ann Douglas
to turn to as their guide. Using her trademark non-bossy approach to all of the perennial parenting hot topics, Douglas
has pulled together the latest research on everything from teaching kids self-discipline to preventing power struggles within the family to encouraging kids to feel great about themselves. The result is an all-Canadian guide to raising healthy, happy kids -- a book no Canadian parent should be without.THE MOTHER OF ALL PARENTING BOOKS DELIVERS
· the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn''t, and how your discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows older
· practical tips on teaching kids morals and values
· strategies for promoting healthy child-parent communication
· advice on avoiding parent burnout
· the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without smothering them
· the facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their kids
· research updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood depression, and other important health and safety issues
· tips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen years
· a listing of Canadian resources, including an Internet directoryAnn Douglas
is Canada''s foremost parenting writer and the author of 24 books.