Parenting is the toughest job on the planet.
Fortunately, Canadian parents have Ann Douglas
turn to as their guide. Using her trademark non-bossy approach to
all of the perennial parenting hot topics, Douglas
has pulled together the latest research on everything from teaching
kids self-discipline to preventing power struggles within the
family to encouraging kids to feel great about themselves. The
result is an all-Canadian guide to raising healthy, happy kids -- a
book no Canadian parent should be without.
THE MOTHER OF ALL PARENTING BOOKS
· the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn''t, and how your
discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows older
· practical tips on teaching kids morals and values
· strategies for promoting healthy child-parent communication
· advice on avoiding parent burnout
· the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without
· the facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important
role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their
· research updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood
depression, and other important health and safety issues
· tips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen years
· a listing of Canadian resources, including an Internet
Ann Douglas is Canada''s foremost parenting
writer and the author of 24 books.