Corporations, it seems, are always seeking the ""silver bullet""
that will create intimacy with customers. But most efforts fail
from the moment they begin, say respected consultants, Tom
Stevenson and Sam Barcus. The reason? Accountability for program
leadership is placed on the sales force rather than on the
executives and senior managers who have a more seasoned business
For the first time ever, Stevenson and Barcus outline the
relationship-building processes used successfully by professional
consulting firms. Sales professionals in other industries will
learn never-before-published explanations and documentation
regarding consulting firm approaches and techniques, including:
* Why top managers must lead the care and feeding of key
* An inside view of how consultants build long-term, trusted
* The difference between creating demand and responding to
bids-an important difference that sparks enduring
* Problem-solving techniques that can lead to deeper customer
* Why it''s more important for a salesperson to be interested
rather than interesting.
* A diagnostic process to prepare for and execute customer
meetings that create value at every touch point.
* Tools and techniques to develop business acumen that provides
insight into customer issues and initiatives.
With many practical examples, anecdotes, and coaching tips,
The Relationship Advantage is required reading for
executives or managers who know they should be driving key
relationships but don''t know how to do it.