Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 416 pages, 8.23 × 5.47 × 1 in
Published: February 19, 2014
Publisher: Portable Press
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1626860408
ISBN - 13: 9781626860407
From the Publisher
Packed with more than 400 pages, Uncle John''s Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factiods is a fact-a-palooza of obscure information. Like what, you ask? Here are just a few extraordinary examples:
* Bats always turn left when they exit a cave.
* In the 1960s, astronauts trained for moon voyages by walking on Hawaiian lava fields.
* Lloyd''s of London insured Bruce Springsteen''s voice for 3.5 million English pounds.
* Physician Amynthas of Alexandria, Greece, performed the first known nose job in the Third Century B.C.
* Military toilet paper is printed in a camouflage design, since white could attract enemy fire.
* Elvis Presley always wore a helmet when watching football on TV.
* King Henry VIII''s ladies at court had a ration of one gallon of beer per day.
* It takes the energy from 50 leaves on an apple tree to produce one ripe fruit.
* The only country to host the Summer Olympics but not win a sinlge gold medal was Canada, in 1976.
And that''s just the beginning! So what are you waiting for? Attack!
About the Author
The Bathroom Readers'' Institute is a tight-knit group of loyal and skilled writers, researchers, and editors who have been working as a team for years. The BRI understands the habits of a very special market - Throne Sitters - and devotes itself to providing amazing facts and conversation pieces.