Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 320 pages, 7.9 × 5.12 × 0.54 in
Published: April 3, 2012
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1118074653
ISBN - 13: 9781118074657
About the Book
Featuring the area's best beaches, adventures for thrill-seekers, hiking trails and golf courses, and luxurious spa resorts, this fully updated edition hits all the highlights of these magnificent islands. The must-have guide for Honolulu, Waikiki, and Oahu. Original.
Table of Contents
List of Maps vi
1 THE BEST OF OAHU 1
2 OAHU IN DEPTH 26
3 SUGGESTED OAHU ITINERARIES 69
4 WHERE TO STAY 85
5 WHERE TO EAT 122
6 OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES 154
7 EXPLORING OAHU 192
8 SHOPPING 244
9 OAHU AFTER DARK 262
10 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO OAHU 272
General Index 301
Accommodations Index 310
Restaurant Index 311
From the Publisher
- Full-color throughout!
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore Oahu, from the world-famous Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head Crater to Honolulu''s Chinatown and museums. Plus tips for discovering the "real" Oahu as the locals see it, from attending a Hawaiian-language church service to taking in a fish auction.
- Where to find the absolute best beaches, adventures for thrill-seekers, hiking trails and golf courses, and luxurious spa resorts.
- Insightful commentary from our expert author, a resident of Hawaii''s Big Island, on Oahu''s dazzling array of activities, from snorkeling and diving to how to plan a wedding on the island.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writer is passionate about her Hawaii—she tells it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity—no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
From the Jacket
- Hundreds of photos
- Easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors
Find news, deals, apps, expert advice,and travel forums at Frommers.com
About the Author
A resident of the Big Island, Jeanette Foster has skied the slopes of Mauna Kea—during a Fourth of July ski meet, no less—and gone scuba diving with manta rays off the Kona Coast. A prolific writer widely published in travel, sports, and adventure magazines, she’s also the editor of Zagat’s Survey to Hawaii’s Top Restaurants. In addition to writing this guide, Jeanette is the author of Frommer’s Hawaii Day by Day, Frommer’s Hawaii, Frommer’s Maui, Frommer’s Hawaii from $80 a Day, Frommer’s Kauai, Frommer’s Hawaii with Kids, and Frommer’s Portable Big Island.