Case For Christ Mm 6 Pack

Kobo eBook available

read instantly on your Kobo or tablet.

buy the ebook now

by Lee Strobel

Zondervan Book | August 7, 1998 | Mass Market Paperbound

Case For Christ Mm 6 Pack is rated 4.3846 out of 5 by 13.
Buy The Case for Christ and save $10.00 when you buy six. - perfect gift for searching friends - use it with your small group - give to your kids and their friends - use with your outreach ministry. Is there credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God? Retracing his own spiritual journey from atheism to faith, Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis who are recognized authorities in their own fields. Strobel challenges them with questions like How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence exist for Jesus outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event? Strobel's tough, point-blank questions make this remarkable book read like a captivating, fast-paced novel. But it's not fiction. It's a riveting quest for the truth about history's most compelling figure. What will your verdict be in The Case for Christ?

Format: Mass Market Paperbound

Dimensions: 6.78 × 4.25 × 6.5 in

Published: August 7, 1998

Publisher: Zondervan Book

Language: English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10: 0310226279

ISBN - 13: 9780310226277

Found in: Religion and Spirituality
Appropriate for ages: 16

save 5%

• Out of stock online

$39.99  ea

$39.99 List Price

This item is eligible for FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25.
See details

Easy, FREE returns. See details

Item can only be shipped in Canada

Downloads instantly to your kobo or other ereading device. See details

All available formats:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Sticks to the Facts My favourite book on apologetics. It's a really good introduction to this genre of literature, and very thorough in the subjects and questions it covers.
Date published: 2013-05-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Every christian kids should have it! I personally have read the adult version of this book a long time ago and when I realized that a new updated and expanded edition for Kids was available, I requested it along with the other two books in the series. I don’t want my kids to just gobble up what we believe. I want them to be able to make up their own decision and to be able to defend their faith. Consequently, I am always on the lookout to find books that will help them to do such a thing. When the books arrived at our house, my 9 year old chose this one to begin with. And then we left to camp at the trailer and I pursued the reading with the four kids. It is a bit heavy for a 2 and 4 year olds but my 6 and 9 years old enjoyed it. At times I stopped the reading and asked them questions. We talked about the questions asked in the book and it made them think. I find it important to find ways for kids to make up their own mind about Jesus, God and the Bible and this series is an absolute must to instill deep thinking and reasoning concerning their faith and what they believe. This specific book is about Christ and who he was, what he has done and so on. The child will investigate (with the help of the author) the claims of who Jesus was, the resurrection , and much more. To complete the book, there is also four stories that will help the child to incorporate the information on how to present a case for Christ. This book is definetively something that kids should read to help them make their own opinion on Christ. This review was possible because I received a copy of Case for Christ for Kids from ZonderKids.
Date published: 2010-07-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from the case for a creator this ivy league lawyer attacks this case w/great zeal.
Date published: 2009-06-05
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Enjoyable quick read Quick accessible read as skeptic lawyer-journalist Lee Strobel makes the case for Christ by interviewing a slew of experts. Problem is that his chosen experts are all evangelicals and author does not seek the opinion of non-believers. The book would have had more validity if Strobel interviewed Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Coptic based academics. Nevertheless, the book is a good introduction into Christology but it does not provide any earth shattering conclusions.
Date published: 2008-10-12
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Nevermind. I'm older. I read it again. Not as good as once thought it to be. Loaded with logical fallacies, falsehoods and half-truths. Mucho recommendo Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. A million times better, cherished by me.
Date published: 2005-06-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Historical evidence of Christ you say? Historical evidence of Christ you say? You mean there is some? Yup! Tons! Get ready for some hot debates! Ha! This book offers up convincing arguments from leading experts on the subject. The problem I had was that none of the experts were non-believers and most came from an Evangelical background. In short the arguments were presented with a definite bias “preaching to the already converted”. The book also discounted other historical finds that it considers non-authentic like the Gnostic Gospels. But don’t let that put you off from this book! It still revealed some undisputed facts that I was unaware of. For example the sheer volume of copies of the early historical Gospel texts that exist. Current History Academia bases civilization’s history books on fewer and less coo berated historical documents. Did you know there are more copies of the Gospels from that period 2000 years ago than of the Roman Empire of the same time!? Yet, we take those documents as “gospel” (pun most definitely intended!) The Gospel’s content is constantly in dispute over its perceived inaccuracies by academic believers sand non-believers alike. Perplexing, isn’t it? Inside this book, there are many more uncovered facts that will rock your world, similar to the one just mentioned. So: to go for The Case for Christ or not to go for The Case for Christ? Absolutely go for it. There are just too many hard, documented historical facts about Jesus in this book to pass over. It’s an easy read even though the content deals with evidence. That’s a credit to Strobel’s writing style. He’s a professional writer first and foremost and a researcher second. And it shows. And this is a good thing. He is down to earth and unpretentious. In the end your faith is your own affair. Personally, after studying Torah and Kabala for three years, I finally understood what Christ was really teaching. From the Laws of Moses he simply taught “Love Thy Neighbour As Thy-Self”. Nice, but not earth shattering in the world at the time. Many Rabbis were teaching the same. But he also taught “Love thine Enemy”. Now that’s a revolution! As soon as He said that He had me. And He’s had me ever since. Enjoy the book.
Date published: 2003-12-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Highly recommended I've been on this teen chat forum run by a Christian organization, and I've heard people recommending this book to others. We've been discussing theological issues and many of my fellow teens have found this book an awesome read. So if you've got any doubts concerning Christ, or you just want to touch up on your spiritual knowledge to be able to debate an atheist or something, then I recommend this book. Very good read.
Date published: 2003-10-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from An excellent book for anyone who doubts that Christianity can stand up to intellectual examination. I highly recommend it. ;)
Date published: 2003-07-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A must read for any serious seeker of THE TRUTH Are the new testaments' stories legends? This book deals with one of the fundamental issues of the christian faith: is the belief in Jesus Christ as God based on factual evidence or is it just the creation of human minds? Strobel proves that Christianity stands as the only religion in the history of humankind to be based on historical verified events.
Date published: 2002-02-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Case for Christ I was not a really a sceptic but found that questions that I haven't even thought of were answered and evidence produced that I didn't know existed. This is an excellent book for those on the edge.
Date published: 2001-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Case. Lee Strobel puts together a well written book that is loaded with evidence concerning the truth concerning one Jesus Christ. The book solidifies the truths concerning one Jesus Christ, by making His ascension, crucifiction, and ressurection undeniable. Written in a court-room format, it is both informative, spiritually uplifting, and amusing.
Date published: 2000-08-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Very Needed Having read this book over twice, I can't not know how much faith can be placed in the accuracy of the Bible. Lee Strobel asks the RIGHT questions of qualified experts. Noone should overlook this book thinking it's purely intellectual; it will change your life! As well as strengthening your faith in the Bible, this book will provide apologetic arguments, needed more and more these days.
Date published: 2000-07-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from THE CASE FOR CHRIST You want to believe, but intellectually you just don't know. Well, put aside your pride for a short while and do an intelligent read . This is captivating reporting that leaves you waiting for the next chapter and even more evidence. Don't delay this read; the ramifications could be eternal. If you are a skeptic but need an "intelligent" reason to believe, here it is!
Date published: 1999-12-21

– More About This Product –

by Lee Strobel

Format: Mass Market Paperbound

Dimensions: 6.78 × 4.25 × 6.5 in

Published: August 7, 1998

Publisher: Zondervan Book

Language: English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10: 0310226279

ISBN - 13: 9780310226277

About the Book

Using the dramatic scenario of an investigative journalist pursuing his story and leads, Lee Strobel uses his experience as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune to interview experts about the evidence for Christ from the fields of science, philosophy, and history. Winner of the Gold Medallion Book Award. Pack of 6 mass market editions.

From the Publisher

Buy The Case for Christ and save $10.00 when you buy six. - perfect gift for searching friends - use it with your small group - give to your kids and their friends - use with your outreach ministry. Is there credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God? Retracing his own spiritual journey from atheism to faith, Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis who are recognized authorities in their own fields. Strobel challenges them with questions like How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence exist for Jesus outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event? Strobel's tough, point-blank questions make this remarkable book read like a captivating, fast-paced novel. But it's not fiction. It's a riveting quest for the truth about history's most compelling figure. What will your verdict be in The Case for Christ?

From the Jacket

Buy The Case for Christ and save $10.00 when you buy six. - perfect gift for searching friends - use it with your small group - give to your kids and their friends - use with your outreach ministry. Is there credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God? Retracing his own spiritual journey from atheism to faith, Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis who are recognized authorities in their own fields. Strobel challenges them with questions like How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence exist for Jesus outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event? Strobel''s tough, point-blank questions make this remarkable book read like a captivating, fast-paced novel. But it''s not fiction. It''s a riveting quest for the truth about history''s most compelling figure. What will your verdict be in The Case for Christ?

About the Author

Lee Strobel (www.LeeStrobel.com), with a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale Law School, was the award-winning legal editor of the Chicago Tribune and a spiritual skeptic until 1981. His books include four Gold Medallion winners and the 2005 Christian Book of the Year (coauthored with Garry Poole). He and his wife live in California.

Appropriate for ages: 16