Schools nationwide are transitioning to the Common Core--our advice to you: Don't go it alone! Our new book,Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans: Ready-to-Use Resources, K-5, shows you that teaching the Common Core State Standards in the elementary grades doesn't have to be intimidating!
This easy-to-use guide provides model lesson plans for teaching the standards in reading, writing, speaking/listening, and language. <_o3a_p>
- Get engaging lesson plans that are grade-appropriate, easy to implement and include ready-to-use reproducible handouts, assessments, resources, and ideas to help you modify the lesson for both struggling and advanced learners.
- Our Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans are designed to fit seamlessly into your K-5 curriculum.
- You get practical tips for revamping your existing lessons to meet the standards.
- Students learn how to read informational texts, write opinion-based essays, and improve their speaking and listening skills.
- Grammar mini-lessons and foundational skills mini-lessons will help you teach language conventions, phonics, fluency, and more!
We take the guesswork out of Common Core lesson plans with this practical, easy-to-use guide. All lesson plans are grade-appropriate, and every lesson plan includes...
- Common Core State Standards covered in the lesson
- Overview of objectives and focus of the lesson
- Background knowledge required and time required
- A detailed, step-by-step agenda for the lesson, plus a materials list
- Differentiation ideas to adapt the lesson for different kinds of learners
- Assessment ideas, including rubrics and scoring guides
- A place for your notes: what worked; what can improve
Bonus!We show you how to extend the lessons into longer units to suit your particular grade's curriculum, and even help you create more of your own lessons!