Data Modeling Essentials, Third Edition
provides expert tutelage for data modelers, business analysts and systems designers at all levels. Beginning with the basics, this book provides a thorough grounding in theory before guiding the reader through the various stages of applied data modeling and database design. Later chapters address advanced subjects, including business rules, data warehousing, enterprise-wide modeling and data management.
The third edition of this popular book retains its distinctive hallmarks of readability and usefulness, but has been given significantly expanded coverage and reorganized for greater reader comprehension. Authored by two leaders in the field, Data Modeling Essentials, Third Edition
is the ideal reference for professionals and students looking for a real-world perspective.
· Thorough coverage of the fundamentals and relevant theory.
· Recognition and support for the creative side of the process.
· Expanded coverage of applied data modeling includes new chapters on logical and physical database design.
· New material describing a powerful technique for model verification.
· Unique coverage of the practical and human aspects of modeling, such as working with business specialists, managing change, and resolving conflict.
· Extensive online component including course notes and other teaching aids (www.mkp.com).UML diagrams now available!
Visit the companion site for more details.Click here to view a book review by Steve Hoberman!