Now revised & updated -- the essential book on turfgrassmanagement!
The new edition of Fundamentals of Turfgrass Managementintroduces the principles of turfgrass management, coveringeverything from basic turfgrass science to fertilization, mowing,turfgrass diseases, irrigation topdressing, pest management, aswell as career paths, and much more.
With an emphasis on explaining why certain management practicesare handled as they are, this new edition:
- Incorporates updates throughout with special emphasis onpesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and soiltesting
- Contains expanded coverage of physiology, water quality andseed production, seed certification, and seed buying
- Offers step-by-step advice on the selection and maintenance ofturfgrasses
- Includes the latest information on cutting-edge fertilizationresearch, mowing techniques, and sports field managementpractices
- Features a full-color identification guide that covers the mostcommon grasses and weeds
Written on a level suitable for students, but with a wealth ofinformation useful to experienced turfgrass managers,Fundamentals of Turfgrass Management, Fourth Editionprovides a solid yet flexible grounding that readers can apply andadapt on the job to nearly any situation.