Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 240 pages, 9.61 × 6.77 × 0.43 in
Published: October 24, 2010
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1444115561
ISBN - 13: 9781444115567
Table of Contents
1. Media Studies after the Media?
2. Teaching Media Practice
3. Teaching Media Literacy
4. Doing the Big Concepts
5. Media in Society: Doing the Big Debates
6. Supporting the Media Coursework
7. Assessing Media Learning
From the Publisher
In a rapidly changing media landscape, The Media Teacher''s Book, Second Edition and website is the one-stop shop for all media teachers, whatever your level of experience.
Providing you with invaluable lesson ideas and guidance through key areas that form the core of all specifications, whether you are teaching GCSE, A-level or Creative and Media Diplomas and BTECS, you will find this an essential teaching tool.
The Media Teacher''s Book, Second Edition offers you:
* a strategy for contemporary media teaching based in active, practical learning
* access to 100 easily implementable, time-saving lesson ideas for approaching concepts and content
* sound advice on preparing lessons effectively
* strategies for raising achievement among your students
* guidance on how to assess your students'' work effectively
* practical advice on best practice for teaching specific areas.
The authors combine the experience of a principal examiner and media teaching expert with that of a practised classroom teacher leading the delivery of new media qualifications in a successful and well-respected sixth form college.
About the Author
Julian McDougall is a principal examiner and leading media teaching expert who has written numerous books on Media for Hodder Education and other publishers. Nick Potamitis is an experienced teacher of Media Studies at sixth form level.