Format: Kobo Edition (eBook)
Published: April 2, 2009
Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0307493571
ISBN - 13: 9780307493576
From the Publisher
If your new baby cries inconsolably for many hours a day, take heart. The soothing help you need is here.
Renowned pediatrician Dr. Marc Weissbluth knows firsthand how stressful life can be for a sensitive, fussy newborn—not to mention the child’s frantic, exhausted parents. His own firstborn, like more than a fifth of all babies, was a colicky child, causing him and his wife to suffer many sleepless nights. Your Fussy Baby is Dr. Weissbluth’s gift to other sorely tired mothers and fathers, written to help them comfort their newborns without disrupting their own lives. Even extreme fussiness, he says, is not dangerous and usually stops when the child is about four months old. In the meanwhile, however, life can be tough for the whole family. But whether your baby cries for as long as eight hours a day, suffers from gas, refuses to sleep, or all of the above, Your Fussy Baby will gently guide your little one—and you—through this mysterious phase of infant growth. Inside you will discover
• Why your baby cries so much: The most up-to-date research, including some fascinating possibilities that researchers are just beginning to explore.
• Dangerous myths about fussiness: Facts and fiction about diet, mothering, proper medications, and much more that even your pediatrician may not know.
• The emotional effects: Avoiding the guilt, anxiety, and frustration that having a fussy baby so often stirs up.
• What to do when your baby fusses: Specific recommendations for what parents can do to minimize the distress that prolonged crying causes the whole family.
• Expert, step-by-step advice on establishing healthy sleep habits for your baby.
With this reassuring, down-to-earth guidance, you can help your fretful, fussy newborn to become the sweet, happy baby he or she was meant to be.
From the Trade Paperback edition.