The Smoke and CO Alarm, Reimagined by Nest.
The Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm speaks up to tell you what the problem is and where it is. It can even send an alert to your phone if an alarm goes off or the batteries are getting low.
Know more, worry less - the simple act of beeping has saved thousands of lives. But a beep only lets you know that there’s a problem. Somewhere. In an emergency, you don’t have time to guess what’s wrong. With Nest Protect, you don’t have to.
• Speaks to you in a Human Voice: It tells you what the problem is and where it is.
• Get a Heads-Up before the Emergency: If there’s only a little smoke, Nest Protect can give you an early warning.
• Sees what’s Invisible: You can’t see carbon monoxide. Or smell it. Exposure can be deadly. That’s why Nest Protect constantly looks for dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
• Works with your Nest Thermostat: If Nest Protect senses dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, it can tell your Nest Thermostat to turn off your gas furnace — a possible source of poisonous carbon monoxide leaks. Nest Protect’s activity sensors also improve the Auto-Away feature of your Nest Learning Thermostat.
• Lights your path at night: Next time you stumble out of bed in the middle of the night, Nest Protect will automatically light your way.
What’s in the Box:
• Nest Protect (Battery)
• 6 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries
• Four screws
• Installation and User’s Guide
Languages available out-of-the-box: English (U.S), Spanish. Languages available via download: French (Québécois), English (UK).
Compatibility: iPhone or iPad with iOS 5 or later, Android 4 or later
* This alarm should not be installed in locations where the normal ambient temperature is below 4.4°C (40°F) or exceeds 37.8°C (100°F).