Do your drawings look more like one-dimensional cartoon characters than real animals? With this step-by-step guide, you''ll be creating realistic drawings of your pets and other animals in no time!
The secret is seeing and drawing animals as simple shapes that fit together like a puzzle. Next, you create a convincing sense of dimension with shading. It''s that easy!
Moving on to the details, Hammond shows you how to accurately draw:
- Different kinds of eyes and noses
- Various types of hair and fur—from squirrel''s tail to a lion''s mane
- Animal textures—including the wrinkles of an elephant''s skin, scales on a fish and the muscular build of a horse
- The intricate patterns on fogs, zebras, birds and other animals
- Backgrounds—including how to use contrast close up and how to make distant things look soft and far away.
Illustrated demonstrations guide your every step. And best of all, you''ll see the difference in your drawings right away!