Book has appearance of only minimal use. All pages are undamaged with no significant creases or tears. With pride from Motor City. All books guaranteed. Best Service, Best Prices.
From the Publisher
How sexually intelligent are you? This remarkable, groundbreaking book will help you find out.
Although 75 percent of Americans say that a satisfying sex life is important to them, only 25 percent claim to have achieved one. While most people might think that statement is shocking, it doesn''t surprise Dr. Sheree Conrad and Dr. Michael Milburn. Both professors of psychology, Conrad and Milburn have discovered that more than thirty years after the so-called sexual revolution, many of us are as confused as ever about how to achieve sexual satisfaction and struggle with sexual dysfunctions that interfere with a happy, healthy sex life.
The sexual revolution of the 1960s and ''70s didn''t solve everyone''s sexual problems, and our teenagers, raised on images of sex in the media from an early age, are not more sophisticated about sex than their parents. Instead, Americans of all ages suffer in silence, unwilling and unable to confront their deepest sexual insecurities and fears. But no one has to live this way — Conrad and Milburn have come up with a way to measure a profound new concept they call "sexual intelligence." Their research has shown that people who score high in sexual intelligence are more sexually satisfied and have fewer sexual dysfunctions. And the best part is, not only can you measure your own sexual intelligence, you can also identify your weakest areas and use the tools provided in the book to boost your "sex IQ."
Does this sound too good to be true? It''s not.
The authors embarked on the Sexual Intelligence Research Project, a comprehensive, rigorous study that analyzed the sexual beliefs and behaviors of sexually "average" people. They administered their Sexual Intelligence Test to the research participants and were astonished by the results.
* A startling number of Americans suffer from chronic sexual dysfunctions, including lack of desire, inability to achieve orgasm, and impotence, that interfere with their sex lives.
* It''s not just the middle-aged or couples married twenty years who have sexual problems. In fact, some of the highest rates of sexual dysfunction occur among young people.
* People of all ages, of both genders, consistently say that they do not have anyone to talk to about their sexual concerns and will not talk about sex problems with spouses and partners.
For the first time, Conrad and Milburn are sharing the Sexual Intelligence Test with readers, who can take it, get their scores, and find out what the results mean. Filled with moving, heartfelt stories from the men and women who participated in the study, Sexual Intelligence gives people the power to transform their lives by teaching them the crucial components of sexual intelligence and will revolutionize the way we think about sex today.
How sexually intelligent are you?
1. In your current relationship (or in your last long-term relationship), approximately how often do you (or did you) talk with your partner about your sex life?
a) Once a week.
b) Once a month.
c) Once every six months.
2. How would you rate your current sex life, compared to most other people''s sex lives?
a) Not nearly as exciting as most people''s.
b) About the same as most people''s.
c) More exciting than most people''s.
d) I''m not currently in a sexual relationship.
3. Have you ever kept a sexual secret from a partner over a long period of time?
a) No, never.
b) Once or twice.
c) Several times.
4. How do you feel about the content of the sexual fantasy you have most often or find most arousing?
a) I''d be horrified if anyone knew the content.
b) I''d be embarrassed if my partner knew the kind of fantasies I have.
c) I might be a little hesitant but also find it exciting to share the content with my sexual partner.
d) I talk to my closest friends about my fantasies.
Take the Sexual Intelligence Test and find out how you can boost your "sex IQ," gain greater sexual satisfaction, rid yourself of sexual problems, and have a healthier and happier sex life!