Light shelving wear with minimal damage to cover and bindings. Pages show minor use. Help save a tree. Buy all your used books from Thriftbooks. Read. Recycle and Reuse.
From the Publisher
Magic, love spells, and an enchanted wood provide the materials for
one of Shakespeare's most delightful comedies. When four young
lovers, fleeing the Athenian law and their own mismatched
rivalries, take to the forest of Athens, their lives become
entangled with a feud between the King and Queen of the Fairies.
Some Athenian tradesmen, rehearsing a play for the forthcoming
wedding of Duke Theseus and his bride, Hippolyta, unintentionally
add to the hilarity. The result is a marvelous mix-up of desire and
enchantment, merriment and farce, all touched by Shakespeare's
inimitable vision of the intriguing relationship between art and
life, dreams and the waking world.
Each Edition Includes:
• Comprehensive explanatory notes
• Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
• Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary
readers to understand the Elizabethan English
• Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance
• An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with
an extensive filmography