You're no idiot, of course. You know that calligraphy enhances
everything from elegant invitations to official documents. The art
of beautiful handwriting has been around for centuries, and those
who have mastered it have a skill that's both lucrative and
enjoyable. You'd love to learn the finer points of calligraphy-but
when it comes to putting pen to paper, you're all thumbs!
Say "so long" to chicken scratches! The Complete Idiot's
Guide® to Calligraphy will show you, stroke for stroke, how to
master pen and ink to produce projects worthy of the most
sophisticated scribe. In this Complete Idiot's Guide®, you
- The history of beautiful handwriting-calligraphy past and
- Tools of the trade-essentials for setting up a workspace and
getting started.Practice makes perfect-tips and exercises to keep
you in line.
- Fun with fonts-six full alphabets to round out your
- Design 101-how-to's for creating and carrying out your own
calligraphy projects, including wedding invitations, bookmarks, and
- Taking your skills to the next level with ornamentation.