The most complete and authoritative cocktail
encyclopedia ever published.
Simon Difford has earned a huge and loyal international
following in professional bartending circles, and discerning
drinkers, amateur mixologists and professional bartenders will find
this new edition of his cocktail guide to be an indispensable
Practical and inspiring, this book contains 2600 recipes from
the traditional to the new and inventive. Each easy-to-follow
recipe has a color photograph of the assembled drink in its
assigned glass, ingredient measures, directions, garnish,
variations, plus fascinating information on the cocktail''s origin.
Difford even grades each drink from (rarely) "disgusting" to
The book includes:
- An A to Z recipe directory
- Detailed instructions for beginners, including all the basic
- Recommendations for the best equipment
- A directory of glass types
- The 14 key alcoholic ingredients, which make a minimum of 450
- The 9 essential juices and mixers
- The 18 essential refrigerator and cupboard staples
- An index of ingredients and the cocktails they are used in
- The top 100 great cocktail bars of the world.