A practical guide to adding that professional
flourish to any dish.
Food Presentation Secrets provides
professional cooking school instruction, tips and recipes for more
than 100 sweet and savory garnishing ideas. Using this
comprehensive guide, any home chef can make professional-looking
garnishes with delicious edible ingredients.
Five comprehensive sections reveal the techniques, tools,
ingredients and designs used by chefs in fine restaurants.
Step-by-step illustrations show how to assemble the garnishes, and
each is graded in difficulty from one to five. Handy checklists,
tip boxes and identifier directories explain the best ways to use
the different garnishes.
The features include:
- How and why to garnish, history of garnishing, modern garnish
- Essential cooking tips and rules of presentation
- The aesthetics of plate styles and shapes
- Useful tools and essential knives
- Core garnishing techniques using sauces, gravies, oils, salsas,
pestos, foliage, flowers, fruit, vegetables, flour-based garnishes,
dairy, sugars, pastries, ices, chocolate and textures
Food Presentation Secrets rivals a
professional culinary course and will give all cooks the confidence
to create attractive designs for any type of menu.