In a time when both obesity and diabetes rise to new levels,
Healthy Heart Miracle Diet
the barrage of conflicting dietary rules issued from on-high and
nails down how you can lose weight, boost your energy, and
strengthen your heart.
Thirteen easy-to-read chapters help you easily adjust your diet by
delivering the final word on fat, complex and simple carbs,
protein, the best supplements for heart health, light exercise, and
more. Throughout, more than 500 hints and tips clear up confusing
nutritional claims, explode myths, and explain how eating right can
be as easy as pie.
Tying everything up with a big heart-healthy, weight-conscious
ribbon are 100-plus tempting recipes proving that eating right
doesn''t mean starving yourself or giving up the foods you love
like Lasagna with Spinach
, Turkey Sausage
and treats like Chocolate-Walnut
True or False?
- Fat is the number one evil in the diet.
- Answer: False
- Thin people who don''t exercise are twice as likely to suffer
heart disease as overweight people who do.
- Answer: True
- Eating soybeans can lower cholesterol by as much as 10
- Answer: False-more recent studies show the number to be about
three percent, and you would have to eat about 1.5 pounds a day to
- Laughter opens the arteries
- Answer: True
- Drinking coffee can increase your risk for heart disease
- Answer: False-Coffee is relatively high in antioxidants and
contains chlorogenic acids, which may lower blood sugar.