Get this comprehensive guide to the use of math in the Green
Designed for both students and practitioners in the Green
Industry, this book offers full coverage of the calculations
necessary to effectively, safely, and economically manage a Green
Industry operation. The authors provide clear explanations of all
relevant mathematical principles and cover calculations inherent in
all aspects of the Green Industry, from determining area and
volume, to the application of fertilizers, pesticides, and growth
regulators, to preparing design and installation cost estimates.
Coverage includes computations for:
- Landscape installation and maintenance.
- Greenhouse, nursery, and interior landscape operation.
- Parks and recreation maintenance.
- Turf management, including lawn care, sports turf, and sod
- Proper application of fertilizers, pesticides, and plant-growth
- Proper calibration of application equipment.
Additional features include multiple computations you can work
through, appendices with units of measure and equivalents, and a
table with conversion factors.