Trade paperback (US). Glued binding. 503 p.
From the Publisher
Calling the toughest canine questions!
Owning a dog is one of life's great joys, but sometimes
the challenges it brings can make even the most devoted dog lovers
panic, throw up their hands, or feel completely overwhelmed. Before
you get to the end of your leash, turn to this friendly and
relatable reference that's the next best thing to talking to a
dog-owning friend who''s seen it all.
In Oh My Dog, animal rights activist Beth Ostrosky Stern
has compiled tips and invaluable advice from experts-and from her
own experience as dogowner-to sooth concerns, answer questions big
and small, and help you and your dog get the most out of your
relationship. From the moment you even consider getting a dog, to
caring for your old friend when his puppy years are far behind him,
Oh My Dog covers every angle of dog ownership, including:
- Which breeds would be good match for me?
- What do I look for in a vet?
- How do I make sure our first night together is as stress-free as
- What activities will help me bond with my dog?
- Is my dog showing sign of illness?
- What should I know before I head to a doggie day care or park?
- How do I read pet food labels?
- What should I do in an emergency?
Choc full of informative side bars, questionnaires, to-do lists,
and much, much more, Oh My Dog is the
answer-filled field guide for anybody who owns a dog or is
considering getting one.
Beth Ostrosky Stern