The Sony A77 is a new interchangeable lens camera that uses
Translucent Mirror Technology to offer high-speed shooting: the
mirror splits the optical pathway between the main image sensor and
a separate phase-detection autofocus sensor, allowing a simplified
design that enables the camera to be physically smaller. Author
David Taylor gives an authoritative guide to using this versatile
camera, with hints and tips to help you get the best from its many
• The 24.3 megapixel A77 features up to 12fps burst
• Shutter lag of 50msec
• 1080p Full HD Movies with continuous autofocus and full
manual control during shooting.
• 19-point auto-focus with 11 cross-sensors.
• Quick AF Live View via a 3-inch articulated LCD.
• XGA OLED electronic viewfinder with 2359k dot
• Double control dials and top-mounted LCD data display.
• 3D Sweep Panoramas.
• Dynamic Range Optimizer and HDR
• Built-in GPS
• ISO range of 50-16000.
• A pull-out reference card gives quick access to the