indigoBooks

Showing 1 - 12 of 14 Results
Paperback

$10.05 online

$10.95

save 8%

In stock online

Available in stores

A New Translation From The French By Marion Wiesel Night is Elie Wiesel's masterpiece, a candid, horrific, and deeply poignant autobiographical account of his survival as a teenager in the Nazi death camps. This new translation by Marion Wiesel, Elie's wife and…

Paperback

$14.30 online

$20.00

save 28%

In stock online

Available in stores

A Pulitzer Prize–winning, #1 New York Times bestseller, Angela’s Ashes is Frank McCourt’s masterful memoir of his childhood in Ireland. “When I look back on my childhood I wonder how I managed to survive at all. It was, of course, a…

Paperback

$11.94 online

$22.50

save 46%

In stock online

Available in stores

Mohandas K. Gandhi is one of the most inspiring figures of our time. In his classic autobiography he recounts the story of his life and how he developed his concept of active nonviolent resistance, which propelled the Indian struggle for independence and…

Paperback

$12.62 online

$21.50

save 41%

In stock online

Available in stores

The book that inspired the major new motion picture Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Nelson Mandela is one of the great moral and political leaders of our time: an international hero whose lifelong dedication to the fight against racial oppression in South Africa…

Paperback

$12.10 online

$22.00

save 45%

In stock online

Available in stores

At the age of 23, James Frey woke up on a plane to find his front teeth knocked out and his nose broken. He had no idea where the plane was headed nor any recollection of the past two weeks. An alcoholic for ten years and a crack addict for three, he checked into…

Paperback

$14.50 online

$23.00

save 36%

In stock online

Available in stores

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ’S #1 NONFICTION BOOK OF THE YEAR • A NEW YORK TIMES NOTABLE BOOK • FINALIST, GUARDIAN FIRST BOOK PRIZE   Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader’s Circle…

Chronicles: Chronicles

by Bob Dylan

|September 13, 2005

Paperback

$13.66 online

$18.99

save 28%

In stock online

Available in stores

The celebrated first memoir from arguably the most influential singer-songwriter in the country, Bob Dylan. "I'd come from a long ways off and had started a long ways down. But now destiny was about to manifest itself. I felt like it was looking right at me and…

Paperback

$13.74 online

$18.50

save 25%

In stock online

Available in stores

The astounding yet true rags-to-riches saga of a homeless father who raised and cared for his son on the mean streets of San Francisco and went on to become a crown prince of Wall Street At the age of twenty, Milwaukee native Chris Gardner, just out of the Navy,…

Tis: A Memoir

by Frank McCourt

|August 29, 2000

Paperback

$13.54 online

$22.00

save 38%

In stock online

Available in stores

A #1 New York Times bestseller and the eagerly anticipated sequel to the Pulitzer Prize–winning Angela’s Ashes , this masterpiece from Frank McCourt tells of his American journey from impoverished immigrant to brilliant teacher and raconteur. Frank…

In stock online

Available in stores

Part memoir and part education (or lack thereof), The Know-It-All chronicles NPR contributor A.J. Jacobs's hilarious, enlightening, and seemingly impossible quest to read the Encyclopaedia Britannica from A to Z. 33,000 PAGES 44 MILLION WORDS 10 BILLION YEARS OF…

Paperback

$14.80 online

$18.99

save 22%

In stock online

Available in stores

From the Pulitzer Prize-winning, mega-bestselling author who wore his celebrity with extraordinary grace comes a magnificently appealing book about teaching and about how one great storyteller found his voice. Frank McCourt became an unlikely star when, at the…

Paperback

$14.77 online

$18.95

save 22%

In stock online

Available in stores

A young man from a small provincial town moves to London in the late 1580s and, in a remarkably short time, becomes the greatest playwright not of his age alone but of all time. How is an achievement of this magnitude to be explained? How did Shakespeare become…