$23.50 list price save 37%
Earn 73 plum® points
HURRY, ONLY 2 LEFT!
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

The future of British comics arrives in 2012's celebrated graphic novel anthology from Nobrow, featuring six new, bracing voices. With work by Reuben Mwaura, Joe Kessler, Isaac Lenkiewicz, Henry McCausland, Nick Sheehy & Kyle Platts, the17x23 Showcase follows in the lineage of the great alternative and art comics anthologies of the last 20 years, aiming to pick up the mantle ofRaw, MOME, Kramer's Ergot, Zero Zero & The Drawn & Quarterly Showcase. With comics that range from funny, gross, sentimental, intelligent and every adjective in between, this anthology will surprise even the most demanding reader.
Henry McCausland 'I always wanted to be a drawerer which led to studying illustration at Central St Martins, which has led to working as a freelance illustrator and sometimes animator and comics author. I live on the Kent coast which is boring, but I am inspired by finding interesting things in boring landscapes. It's good to use your...
Title:17x23 Showcase #1Format:PaperbackDimensions:52 pages, 8.77 × 6.7 × 0.27 inPublished:November 30, 2012Publisher:Nobrow Press Ltd.Language:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1907704426

ISBN - 13:9781907704420

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Editorial Reviews

Overall, this is an excellent anthology and another notch on Nobrow's (surely buckling) bedpost. They are, of course, experienced in putting together anthologies, but the choice to have only 5 contributors, thus allowing each story its own place and standing, and the size and format do indeed, um, showcase, the comics beautifully. Highly recommended and eagerly anticipating the next volume.-Zainab Akhtar,The BeatEach of the five stories here provides something of value, and Nobrow's attention to detail and quality (notwithstanding the strange reprinted pages at the back) make it an attractive package and a pleasant diversion.-Full-Page Bleed