Top Matches
Paperback

|January 17, 2006

$20.00 online

$23.00

save 13%

In stock online

Available in stores

Soon to be a major motion picture from Lionsgate starring Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson, and Naomi Watts. MORE THAN SEVEN YEARS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST The perennially bestselling, extraordinary, one-of-a-kind, “nothing short of…
Paperback

|September 1, 2000

$20.24 online

$21.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Terry Fox, the one-legged runner from Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, made an indelible impression upon people across Canada and around the world. An outstanding athlete with a stubborn and competitive spirit, he lost his leg to cancer at 19, but said…
Paperback

|May 30, 2006

$21.32 online

$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Perhaps the most unconventional and literally breathtaking father-son story you'll ever read, My Friend Leonard pulls you immediately and deeply into a relationship as unusual as it is inspiring. The father figure is Leonard, the high-living, recovering coke…
Paperback

|June 1, 2004

$21.93 online

$23.99

save 8%

In stock online

Available in stores

In this authoritative and engrossing full-scale biography, Walter Isaacson, bestselling author of Einstein and Steve Jobs , shows how the most fascinating of America's founders helped define our national character. Benjamin Franklin is the founding father who…

In stock online

Available in stores

The book that inspired the major new motion picture Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Nelson Mandela is one of the great moral and political leaders of our time: an international hero whose lifelong dedication to the fight against racial oppression in South Africa…
Paperback

|February 13, 2001

$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

"I think this book is kind of malleable. I've never really wanted to put it away and be done with it forever -- the second I first 'finished' it, I wanted to dig back in and change everything around. So I'm looking forward to getting back into the text,…
Paperback

|May 25, 1999

$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

A Pulitzer Prize–winning, #1 New York Times bestseller, Angela’s Ashes is Frank McCourt’s masterful memoir of his childhood in Ireland. “When I look back on my childhood I wonder how I managed to survive at all. It was, of course, a…
Paperback

|September 1, 2003

$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

No woman in the three-hundred-year history of the karyukai has ever come forward in public to tell her story—until now. "Many say I was the best geisha of my generation," writes Mineko Iwasaki. "And yet, it was a life that I found too constricting to…
Paperback

|September 12, 2006

$22.91 online

$25.00

save 8%

In stock online

Available in stores

France’s iconic queen, Marie Antoinette, wrongly accused of uttering the infamous "Let them eat cake," was alternately revered and reviled during her lifetime. For centuries since, she has been the object of debate, speculation, and the fascination so often…
Paperback

|February 23, 2007

$21.02 online

$22.95

save 8%

In stock online

Available in stores

David Suzuki's autobiography limns a life dedicated to making the world a better place. The book expands on the early years covered in "Metamorphosis" and continues to the present, when, at age 70, Suzuki reflects on his entire life—and his hopes for the…

In stock online

Available in stores

The story of the love that ended an empire In this commanding book, Pulitzer Prize–winning author Robert K. Massie sweeps readers back to the extraordinary world of Imperial Russia to tell the story of the Romanovs’ lives: Nicholas’s political…
Paperback

|February 28, 2006

$21.00

In stock online

Available in stores

With her trademark effervescence, Goldie delivers a personal look at private and powerful events that carried her through life: her father’s spontaneity; her mother’s courage; and the joy of being a daughter, a sister, a parent, and a lover. She…