indigoBooks

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 Results
Hardcover

$45.50 online

$55.00

save 17%

In stock online

Not available in stores

A gripping, groundbreaking biography of the combative man whose genius and force of will created modern capitalism. Founder of a dynasty, builder of the original Grand Central, creator of an impossibly vast fortune, Cornelius “Commodore” Vanderbilt is…

Rabbit Is Rich

by John Updike

|September 12, 1981

Hardcover

$47.00

In stock online

Not available in stores

The hero of John Updike's Rabbit, Run (1960), ten years after the hectic events described in Rabbit Redux (1971), has come to enjoy considerable prosperity as Chief Sales Representative of Springer Motors, a Toyota agency in Brewer, Pennsylvania. The time is…

Truman

by David McCullough

|June 15, 1992

Hardcover

$45.68 online

$59.00

save 22%

In stock online

Not available in stores

The Pulitzer Prize–winning biography of Harry S. Truman, whose presidency included momentous events from the atomic bombing of Japan to the outbreak of the Cold War and the Korean War, told by America’s beloved and distinguished historian. The life of…

Audio Book (CD)

$45.00

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

Andrew Jackson, his intimate circle of friends, and his tumultuous times are at the heart of this remarkable book about the man who rose from nothing to create the modern presidency. Beloved and hated, venerated and reviled, Andrew Jackson was an orphan who…

Paperback

$49.50

Ships within 1-3 weeks

Not available in stores

"Up to this year I have always felt that I had no particular call to meddle with this subject....But I feel now that the time is come when even a woman or a child who can speak a word for freedom and humanity is bound to speak." Thus did Harriet Beecher Stowe…