by Ayn Rand

|September 1, 1996

Mass Market Paperback

$13.50

$9.75 online

save 27%

In stock online

Available in stores

Peopled by larger-than-life heroes and villains, charged with towering questions of good and evil,  Atlas Shrugged  is Ayn Rand’s magnum opus: a philosophical revolution told in the form of an action thriller. Who is John Galt? When he says that…

Wuthering Heights

by Emily Bronte

|December 31, 2002

Paperback

$11.00

$8.87 online

save 19%

In stock online

Available in stores

Emily Brontë's only novel, a work of tremendous and far-reaching influence, the Penguin Classics edition of Wuthering Heights is the definitive edition of the text, edited with an introduction by Pauline Nestor. Lockwood, the new tenant of Thrushcross…

In stock online

Available in stores

For crafty green types who want to master the fundamentals of a scratch pantry and have graduated from simple weekend jam and baking activities, this book offers a wide variety of recipes and blueprints for artisanal food projects. Forty projects with…
Paperback

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

The last pagans or the first modern Europeans? A concise history of the Vikings. 'From the Fury of the Northmen deliver us, O Lord.' Between the eighth and eleventh centuries, the Vikings surged from their Scandinavian homeland to trade, raid and invade along the…
Paperback

$16.95

$6.99 online

Out of stock online

Available in stores

Revelatory account of the man and the legend. Who was the real King Arthur? What do the historical documents tell us about the Knight of the Round Temple? It is just a chivalric fantasy? The story of Arthur has been handed dow n to us by Medieval poets and…
Mass Market Paperback

$8.99

$8.86 online

In stock online

Available in stores

The bestselling step-by-step guide that will show you how to break the cycle of fear and cure your feelings of panic and anxiety. My heart beats too fast. My hands tremble and sweat. My stomach churns. I have terrible headaches. I can't sleep. Sometimes I can't…
Mass Market Paperback

$7.50

$6.23 online

save 16%

In stock online

Available in stores

Here is a book that helps you to master Spanish quickly and easily. Written by an internationally famous language teacher, it has two built-in learning aids that have been tested and proved successful for thousands of students.   Right from the start, this…
Paperback

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Uncovering one of the world's greatest civilisations. For centuries the Celts held sway in Europe. Even after their conquest by the Romans, their culture remained vigorous, ensuring that much of it endured to feed an endless fascination with Celtic history and…
Paperback

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

A superb insight into the history of the Samurai. From a leading expert in Japanese history, this is one of the first full histories of the art and culture of the Samurai warrior. The Samurai emerged as a warrior caste in Medieval Japan and would have a powerful…

Pride And Prejudice

by Jane Austen

|December 31, 2002

Paperback

$11.00

$9.09 online

save 17%

In stock online

Available in stores

Austen's most popular novel, the unforgettable story of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy Few have failed to be charmed by the witty and independent spirit of Elizabeth Bennet in Austen’s beloved classic  Pride and Prejudice . When Elizabeth Bennet first…

Jane Eyre

by Charlotte Bronte

|August 15, 2006

Paperback

$12.00

$9.81 online

save 18%

In stock online

Not available in stores

Charlotte Brontë's moving masterpiece – the novel that has been "teaching true strength of character for generations" ( The Guardian ) A novel of intense power and intrigue,  Jane Eyre  has dazzled generations of readers with…
Paperback

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

A history of the cult of the ancient Druids, exploring who they really were and what role they played in the Celtic world. The author's interpretation of the facts is based on both archaeological and etymological findings. Peter Berresford Ellis sifts through…