Top Matches
Paperback

|December 31, 2002

$9.52 online

$11.00

save 13%

In stock online

Available in stores

Emily Brontë's only novel, a work of tremendous and far-reaching influence, the Penguin Classics edition of Wuthering Heights is the definitive edition of the text, edited with an introduction by Pauline Nestor. Lockwood, the new tenant of Thrushcross…
Paperback

|April 1, 2000

$9.82 online

$13.50

save 27%

In stock online

Available in stores

THE FIRST DRESDEN FILES NOVEL FROM #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR JIM BUTCHER For Harry Dresden—Chicago's only professional wizard—business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder…
Mass Market Paperback

|October 1, 1961

$6.56 online

$7.50

save 12%

In stock online

Available in stores

Master Spanish quickly and easily with this guide—written by internationally famous language teacher Margarita Madrigal—that has two built-in learning aids that has helped thousands of beginner students learn to speak Spanish. THE WORD AND PICTURE…
Paperback

|December 1, 2016

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Uncovering one of the world's greatest civilisations. For centuries the Celts held sway in Europe. Even after their conquest by the Romans, their culture remained vigorous, ensuring that much of it endured to feed an endless fascination with Celtic history and…
Paperback

|December 1, 2016

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

The last pagans or the first modern Europeans? A concise history of the Vikings. 'From the Fury of the Northmen deliver us, O Lord.' Between the eighth and eleventh centuries, the Vikings surged from their Scandinavian homeland to trade, raid and invade along the…

In stock online

Available in stores

Martyn Whittock shines a light on the past, as he brings the Middle Ages vividly to life and allows readers to glimpse eleventh-century rural society. Topics include Roger "the Raker" who drowned in his own sewage, a "merman" imprisoned in Orford Castle, the…
Paperback

|December 1, 2016

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

The story of a philosophical and mathematical concept that has driven men insane. 'Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's…
Mass Market Paperback

|September 4, 1990

$8.99

In stock online

Available in stores

The bestselling step-by-step guide that will show you how to break the cycle of fear and cure your feelings of panic and anxiety. My heart beats too fast. My hands tremble and sweat. My stomach churns. I have terrible headaches. I can't sleep. Sometimes I can't…
Paperback

|May 27, 2003

$8.21 online

$11.00

save 25%

In stock online

Available in stores

'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...' Charles Dickens's  A Tale of Two Cities  portrays a world on fire, split between Paris and London during the brutal and bloody events of the French Revolution. After eighteen years as a…

In stock online

Available in stores

For crafty green types who want to master the fundamentals of a scratch pantry and have graduated from simple weekend jam and baking activities, this book offers a wide variety of recipes and blueprints for artisanal food projects. Forty projects with…
Paperback

|January 1, 2000

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

A history of the cult of the ancient Druids, exploring who they really were and what role they played in the Celtic world. The author's interpretation of the facts is based on both archaeological and etymological findings. Peter Berresford Ellis sifts through…
Paperback

|December 1, 2016

$7.00

In stock online

Available in stores

A uniquely authoritative yet lightly handled examination of the key tales in the corpus of Greek mythology. The book leads the reader through these vibrant stories, from the origins of the gods through to the homecomings of the Trojan heroes. All the familiar…