Essential reading for anyone who is thinking about becoming pregnant or is already pregnant.
This comprehensive book features extensive yet easy-to-understand information on everything related to pregnancy, from preconception to birth.
The highly readable presentation style covers the following areas:
- Part 1 -- Before You Become Pregnant: everything from genetics basics to avoiding risks such as food toxins
- Part 2 -- Your First Trimester (Months 1 to 3): information on screening tests, diet and nutrition
- Part 3 -- Your Second Trimester (Months 4 to 6): everything from body changes to personal care to exercising safely
- Part 4 -- Your Third Trimester (Months 7 to 9): birth and newborn planning, childbirth
classes and preparing for labor
- Part 5 -- Your Labor and Delivery: birth positions, labor stages, special deliveries and interventions
- Part 6 -- After Your Baby Is Born: information on newborn care, healthy parenthood and diet and exercise for breast-feeding mothers
Health conditions and complications specific to each trimester are featured, as is an FAQ section. With extensive charts, tables and illustrations, and a full-color presentation, this book will appeal to a wide range of consumers.
Mount Sinai Hospital is one of the top teaching hospitals in North America and one of Canada's pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centers.