Are You Starting to Plan Your Retirement?
Think like a canoeist
According to retirement expert Donna McCaw, successful retirees approach their retirement the way an experienced canoeist plans a safe yet exciting canoe trip — over-prepare and then go with the flow.
Donna''s practical and entertaining new book focuses on retirement advice for Canadians but its principles are applicable to retirees anywhere. She shows you how you can plan the retirement that fits you — how you can enter this fulfilling time of your life with confidence and flexibility, prepared for some nice surprises. It''s Your Time give you a heads-up in the areas of:
- GETTING STARTED — The emotional and other issues you need to consider before you make the leap into retirement
- FINANCES — The importance of knowing the financial facts about retirement
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS — The top health issues affecting women and men and how to prevent or manage them
- LEISURE — Passive vs. active leisure and the value of volunteering
- RELATIONSHIPS — The importance of keeping in touch with family and friends
- TRANSITIONS — How some retirees “re-vocate, re-locate, and re-generate”
Donna McCaw (B.A., M.Ed.) retired at age 54 after a career in education and counseling at high schools and colleges and with Adult Education programs. She is a speaker and workshop presenter on Retirement Readiness, Retirement Planning for Women, and other topics. Her writing and presentations are straightforward, down to earth, and accessible as well as spirited and fun. Donna lives in Elora, Ontario.